This group of exercises will get your bum BURNING, but also work your hamstrings and a bit of quads too ⚡ Such sweetness!! 😜 A great leg day workout with booty focus to throw into your routine!
1. Barbell Hip Thrusts – 4 sets of 10 reps (2 warmup sets first, with 1/2 the weight)
🔑 Key note: SQUEEZE at top!
2. Alternating Reverse Lunges – 3 sets of 10 reps for each leg
🔑 Key note: BIG step backwards to focus mainly on glutes, front leg has 80% of weight. We alternate to activate more stability muscles! More muscles activating = more energy spent 😉
3. Lying Leg Curl – 3 sets of 12 reps
🔑 Key note: Flex feet (toes up towards you) to target hamstring even better! For a more intense challenge, lower legs sloooowly and “kick” back!
4. High Wide Stance Leg Press – 3 sets of 15 reps
🔑 Key note: Keep back against the seat and NEVER lock out your legs!! 💀
5. Glute Medius Kickbacks – 2 sets of 12-15 reps
🔑 Key note: These are harder than they look! The kick isn’t backwards nor sideways, just in between. Place a hand/fingers like I do to really concentrate on the target area! A great exercise for a fuller and “lifted” butt 😉
Finish off with 2 abs supersets of Reverse Crunches + Bird Dog!!
Whatcha think?! Will you try this leg day workout with booty focus? 😍
Much love, strength & happiness,